Monday, March 24, 2014

Wow--A Whole Year Has Gone By!



While my best intentions are always to keep up with blogging, life kind of gets in the way at times.  And WOW--what a year it has been since my last post!  Can I just say first and foremost that God's grace has truly been bestowed upon us, and without Him and his many blessings, I don't think we would be standing where we are today.  My goal of fundraising for The Brent Woodall Foundation by becoming a Stella & Dot stylist was a huge success last year--with purchases from my business and other donations from friends and family, I was able to donate over $2000 in supplies and money to this fabulous organization!

I am so happy to say that Connor is doing fabulous!  Thanks to the intensive therapy and support that he received at The Brent Woodall Foundation, he has officially lost his autism diagnosis, and continues to receive speech therapy in both a private practice and a specialized preschool environment to build his communication skills.  But those of you who know Connor well can vouch for the fact that he never stops talking now! 

Please visit the following link to read my sweet boy's success story on the Woodall Kids website!

We may no longer attend The Brent Woodall Foundation, but I want to continue my quest to help provide donations and support to it.  April is here once again, meaning it is Autism Awareness Month, and I am feeling a tug on my heart to continue my mission this spring to raise awareness of Autism by hosting Autism Awareness Stella & Dot Trunk Shows.  This amazing company is once again donating all the proceeds from their Autism Collection to The HollyRod Foundation, and I will be donating part of my proceeds from ALL purchases to The Brent Woodall Foundation and The Keyshawn Vaughn Foundation.  Keyshawn is a precious boy who attended BWF with Connor, and his mom has started her very own foundation to raise awareness and help families in need that are dealing with an autism diagnosis.



Here are a few pictures of our family this last year:

Connor with his autism therapist, Jason.


All smiles with Daddy...


Isabelle turned 4 in July 2013 and is starting Kindergarten in August!



We spend pretty much every summer day at the pool!


Connor's first day of preschool


Cheese!  Here is Connor at Grandma's house while we went to Thailand in September!

 Bangkok


Big kids!




Just look at that smile...


Fun in the ice storm!


 Portrait of my babies!


Isabelle has become quite the little ice skater!  Connor tried it out a few times, but has decided he likes to just watch.  :-)


I can't wait to see what this next year brings for our family!  Once again, I am so thankful to all of those who supported our family through a very trying time, and I hope that I can continue to help the organization that got us to where we are today!!!

www.stelladot.com/corriebarto






No comments:

Post a Comment